A truck accident attorney is a personal injury lawyer who even specializes in cases of truck accidents. They represent those who were injured because of the negligence of others in an event of a truck accident. If you are planning to seek some advice from a truck accident attorney, it is best to understand what exactly can and will they do for you.
Taking help from a truck accident lawyer
If you or your loved one has suffered from injuries during a truck accident, your primary focus should be on getting healed. A Hartford truck accident attorney can help you during these hard times. Qualified and experienced team of Etemi Law will handle all the aspects of your case, and you can relax and take care of yourself. They will help you understand your legal options and pursue compensation to cover your many losses.
Some of the compensation they can help you get are:
- Medical expenses (for current and future treatments)
- Physical pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Vehicle damage
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death
What more will the attorney do?
Truck accident cases are more complicated compared to normal car accidents. What you understand is – the truck driver was at fault. However, usually, there are more than just one party accountable for your injuries and losses. Your attorney will identify these parties and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Build a strong case
To win, you need a strong and compelling case. While you are still recovering, your lawyer will make your case stronger. For this, truck accident attorneys in Hartford:
Investigate the case in detail and collect evidence.
- Gather all your medical bills, and gather proof for other expenses.
- Identify and communicate with responsible parties and insurance companies.
- Negotiate with the liable party and insurance companies to get you a fair settlement.
- Fight your case in court if the insurance companies deny to settle.
Proves your case
You know that you were innocent, but that needs to be proved in the courtroom. Usually, in an accident case, there are 4 basic aspects of negligence. To win the case, your attorney needs to prove:
- The truck driver owes it to you to drive carefully and safely.
- The truck driver violated the duty to drive responsibly.
- The breach of this duty led to the accident and caused you or your loved one injuries.
- You are suffering from damages because of those injuries.
Being in a truck accident is a traumatic experience. You might even feel shattered physically and emotionally. In such a situation, you need not fight alone. Call a truck accident attorney in Hartford today, and make your case stronger.